September 21 through October 10, 2015
Metropolis Police Department Stuff the Van Food Drive
The Metropolis Police Department is partnering with the Weekend blessings Program. The Metropolis Police van will be parked at the following locations on the listed dates. Help stuff the van to provide food for children in need during the weekends. Each Friday, participating children receive a bag consisting of two breakfast selections, two lunch selections, two dinner selections, a dairy snack, a fruit snack and a fun snack in their school lockers.
Type of foods they are looking for are:
Ramen Noodles, single serve portions of Macaroni & Cheese, soup, Ravioli, Spaghetti-O’s, Beenie-Weenies, Single serve breakfast cereal, single packs of oatmeal, single serve pudding or Jello, granola bars, single serve cookies, crackers, chips, pretzels.
The van will be at the following locations:
- Mon. Sept. 21 – Maple Grove Elementary
- Tue. Sept. 22 – Joppa High School
- Wed. Sept. 23 – Brookport Elementary
- Fri. Sept. 25 – Metropolis Elementary
- Mon. Sept. 28 – Franklin Elementary
- Tue. Sept. 29 – Jefferson Elementary
- Wed. Sept. 30 – Metropolis Junior High
- Thu. Oct. 01 – Massac County High School
- Fri. Oct. 02 – Massac County Football Game
- Sat. Oct. 03 – Big John’s
- Sat. Oct. 10 – Sav-A-Lot
For additional information contact Sgt. Carl Manley at 618-524-2310 or Scott Deming, Program Coordinator with Weekend Blessings, at 618-524-3658.