Notice of Meetings – Monday, February 8, 2016
City Council Chambers
Parks & Recreation Committee – 6:00 PM
Industrial Committee – 6:15 PM
City Council Meeting- 7:00 PM
Parks & Recreation Committee Agenda
Monday, February 8, 2016, 6:00 PM, City Hall, Council Chambers
Approval of Minutes
Discuss and take possible action on MCYSA request for funding of field conditioner for baseball/softball fields at Sports Park
Discuss and take possible action on purchase of lighting for fields 1 and 2 at Sports Park, funded through grants. The installation work will be performed by the City of Metropolis Electric Department.
Discuss and take possible action to increase funding of Monday Night Live by $25.00 per week, as budgeted.
Industrial Committee Agenda
Monday, February 8, 2016. 6:15 PM, City Hall Council Chambers
Approval of Minutes
Update on loan agreement with Curt Jones and Kevin Ulrich
Update on American Heartland Fish Products
Agenda –City Council
Monday, February 8, 2016, 7:00 PM, City Hall Council Chambers
- Roll call
- Pledge of Allegiance – please stand and remain standing through the prayer
- Approval of minutes
- Citizen’s request
- Mayor’s Report
Jim Haley has resigned from the Library Board. Denise Peebles was asked to fill the vacancy, and has accepted that position. Motion to consent to Mayor’s appointment of Denise Peebles to the library board.
Massac County Relay for Life, 2016, will be held on May 14th from 4:00 PM until 10:00 PM, on Market Street.
- Corporate Counsel Report
- Committee Reports
Parks and Recreation Committee, Bill Carrell, Chair
- Motion to accept or reject the committee recommendation on the purchase of lighting for Sports Park Fields 1 and 2.
- Motion to accept or reject the committee recommendation on the purchase of field conditioner for Sports Park ball fields.
- Motion to increase Monday Night Live weekly funding by $25.00, as budgeted.
Industrial Committee, David McManus, Chair
- Motion to accept or reject the committee recommendation regarding the loan to Curt Jones and Kevin Ulrich
Water, Light and Street Committee, Charles Barfield, Chair
- Motion to accept or reject the purchase of a new computer server for City Hall from Kemper Technology Consulting in the amount of $16,255.75.
- Department Heads
- Old Business
- New Business
- Miscellaneous Reports
- Financial Report
Payment of Salaries, Payroll, and Contract Bills
Payment of Miscellaneous Bills
- Executive Session
Acquisition of Real estate
Sales, Lease, or Exchange of Real estate
Threatened litigation – collection of revolving loans
Billy McDaniel, Mayor
City of Metropolis
Monday, February 22nd, 6:30 PM, prior to City Council Meeting, a public hearing regarding the CSO will be held in the City Council Chambers.
Massac County Relay for Life will be held Saturday, May 14th on Market Street in Metropolis, from 4:00 PM until 10:00 PM. The Metropolis Community Center, 900 W. 10th Street, will be the location in the event of bad weather.
City Hall will be closed Monday, February 15, 2016 for President’s Day.