2016-2017 Elementary/Junior High Registration Information & First Day of Attendance
K-8th grade students will need to register on Monday, Aug. 8th from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. or Tuesday, Aug. 9 from 5-7 p.m. at all Massac Unit One buildings. Parents of new and returning students should register their students during this time.
Monday, Aug. 15 will be the first day of student attendance. Students will be dismissed at 2 p.m.
Before registering at their school building, new students must first prove residency with Lisa Monkman at the Massac School Board Office located at 401 Metropolis St. in Metropolis. New students will also need to bring a valid, state-issued birth certificate.
Physical forms are required for all new students, and returning kindergarten and sixth grade. Blood lead screenings are required of children below the age of 6 if they have not been previously screened.
Book rent for elementary students is $17. Cafeteria account deposits should also be made at this time. Free and reduced applications will also be available.
Unit #1 School District is also encouraging parents to share their cell phone numbers for emergency contact information as well as their e-mail addresses, if available.
MCHS Student Registration and First Day of Attendance
Massac County High School will register students in the same manner as in previous school years. All students will register during the week of Aug. 8.
- Juniors and seniors will register on Monday, Aug. 8 from 9 -11 a.m. and from 1- 2 p.m.
- Sophomores will register on Tuesday, Aug. 9 from 9-11 a.m. and from 1- 2:30 p.m.
- Freshmen will register on Wednesday, Aug. 10. Freshmen students whose last names begin with A-L will go to MCHS from 8:30–11 a.m. Students whose last names are from M-Z will go to MCHS from 12:30–2:30 p.m. If unable to attend your session you may attend the other session. Buses will not run on these days.
- Friday, Aug. 12 will be registration for students who could not register on their assigned day as well as new students.
Monday, Aug. 15 is the first day of student attendance. Buses will run at their regular morning and afternoon times. If you have questions about bus routes or times, please call Durham School Services.
When students register, they will need to pay their registration fee of $20 or fill out a waiver. They will then receive their schedule of classes, temporary ID badge and student insurance information.
Other Important Dates:
- Freshmen orientation will be Tuesday, Aug. 9 at 6 p.m. in the MCHS Cafeteria.
- All students will be given a MCHS handbook on Wednesday, August 31. Please ask your son/daughter to bring this handbook home so you can read it and familiarize yourself with the policies and procedures of MCHS.
- Student picture day is Wednesday, Aug. 17. All students will need to have his/her picture taken for an ID/lunch card, which is free. Picture packets may be purchased but must be paid for at this time.
- Sophomores will get their class ring information on Friday, Aug. 19. The Balfour Ring Company will be taking ring orders after school on Friday, Aug. 26.