Friday, Jan. 5
9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Massac Memorial Hospital, Metropolis
Did you know nearly every second of every day; someone is assisted by the Red Cross? Your donations can make an impact in your community and help save lives!
Why Donate Blood?
Some of us give blood because we were asked by a friend. Some know that a family member or a friend might need blood some day. Some believe it is the right thing we do. Whatever your reason, the need is constant and your contribution is important for a healthy and reliable blood supply. And you’ll feel good knowing you’ve helped change a life.
You will receive a mini physical to check your: Pulse, Blood pressure, Body temperature, and Hemoglobin
Getting ready for your appointment.
1. Hydrate: Be sure to drink plenty of fluids on the day of your donation.
2. Wear Something Comfortable: Wear clothing with sleeves that can easily be rolled up above the elbow.
3. Maintain Healthy Level of Iron in Your Diet Before Donation: If possible, include iron-rich foods in your diet, especially in the weeks before your donation.
4. Bring a List of Medications You Are Taking: We will need to know about any prescription and/or over the counter medications that may be in your system.
5. Bring an ID: Please bring either your donor card, driver’s license or two other forms of identification.
6. Bring a Friend: Bring along a friend, so that you may both enjoy the benefits of giving blood.
Donors must be in general good health, weigh at least 110 pounds and be at least 17 years old (16 with parental consent form). Height and weight restrictions apply to donors 18 and younger.