The CBAI Foundation for Community Banking offers 16 scholarships to top Illinois high-school seniors statewide each year. The scholarship awards available this year by the Foundation total $22,500. These scholarship awards help deserving students highlight the importance of community banking to the local economy. You could win up to $4,000 for higher education, and your school is eligible to win $500.
Deadline is 5 p.m. on February 2, 2018.
Scholarships will be awarded on May 30, 2018.
City National Bank of Metropolis is offering an additional $250 scholarship to one high school senior in Massac County.
Students are asked to write one paragraph on each of three topics:
- The impact /importance of community banking to me or someone I know
- The impact/importance of community banking to a business or agricultural concern in my area.
- The impact/importance of community banking to my community in general.
Judging Criteria are:
- understanding of community-banking philosophy
- accurate information
- clear and concise sentences
- logical organization
- proper grammar
- correct punctuation and spelling
Visit the CBAI website to review the essay requirements.
Submit your essay to:
City National Bank
Attention: Maggie Rzechula
423 Ferry Street, Metropolis, IL 62960
423 Ferry St., Metropolis, 618-524-2161
2017 E. 5th St., Metropolis, 618-524-2162